At the NJSA Annual General Meeting held on June 27, 2015, the Membership has made a number of changes to the NJSA Rules.
They will be reflected in the official rules listed on the NJSA website ASAP.
1) The Player Registration Fee has been increased by $5 across all levels of membership.
The additional cost will provide the following benefits.
a) The Medical Insurance coverage has been increased for all players from $5,000 to $10,000 per accident
b) Partial reduction of the paperwork needed when registering a player.
2) New Player Approval procedure
Effective with the 15/16 season, so long that the Registration fee is PAID FOR,
i) if a team registers a player who is ALREADY in the NJSA DATABASE and for whom a player PASS IS ON FILE with the NJSA, you NO LONGER HAVE TO MAIL the player registration form. This player will be APPROVED immediately if the fee was PAID for, and the player pass will be mailed to the Team Manager of record immediately
ii) if a team registers a player who is NOT in the NJSA Database (i.e a NEW player), or for whom there is NO PASS ON FILE, or for whom a Document is missing, then the PLAYER REGISTRATION FORM MUST BE MAILED to the Registrar together with all missing documents/picture. UPON RECEIPT of the registration form and supporting documents, the player will be approved if the fee was PAID for, and the pass will be mailed to the Team Manager of record.
3) New Registrar
Derrick Varsallona will replace the late Ellen as the NJSA Registrar
ALL issues regarding Player registrations MUST be addressed to him
by e-mail: email@example.com
by phone: (732) 406-8587
1) ALL NJ State cups must have AT LEAST 4 TEAMS registered in order to be organized into a competition.
2) There is a LOWER ENTRY FEE of $25, for the Men O-40 and the Women Cups for this season only, on a trial basis.
3) New State Cup Money Prizes have been set for the Men Open ($600/$300) and for the Men O-30 State ($400/$200) State Cups.
4) There is NO Money prizes for the Men O-40 and the Women State Cups
5)Teams will be allowed to enter not more than ONE STATE CUP and ONE NATIONAL CUP in the same season
6) Deadline to enter the cups has been set for OCTOBER 12, 2015 (Columbus Day)
7) First day of competitions is NOVEMBER 1, 2015
7) Quarterfinals and Semifinals are to be played DURING THE WEEK
8) All finals will be played on SUNDAY JUNE 5, 2016 (rain date Sunday June 12, 2016)
1) Assistant Referee Fees have been increased across the board for all leagues and divisions.
2) Some of the TOP divisions Referee Fees have been increased
3) All Referee Fees are listed on the NJSA website (www.soccernjsa.com) under the “NJSA RULES” tab
HALL OF FAME
1) The Annual NJSA Hall of Fame and Awards dinner will take place on DECEMBER 5, 2015 at Don Pepe Restaurant in Newark.
Presentations will be mailed to the Hall of Fame inductees and to the previous season’s State Cup Winners.
2) Teams and Leagues are encouraged to submit Nominations for the Hall of Fame. Nominations must be received NOT LATER than OCTOBER 12, 2015(Columbus Day)
3) All details and requirements are listed on the NJSA website(www.soccernjsa.com) under the PROGRAMS tab.
NJSA SOCCER SCHOLARSHIP
1) The deadline to submit applications for the NJSA Soccer Scholarship has been set for OCTOBER 1, 2015.
2) All details and requirements are listed on the NJSA website (www.soccernjsa.com) under the PROGRAMS tab.